Brabant Alucast is specialized in the development and the production of light-metal components, mainly for the automotive sector, particularly in the following core product groups: Powertrain, Suspension and Structural parts.
We deliver parts ranging from pre-worked and finished components up to complete modules ready to assemble.
Brabant Alucast casts various components for the Powertrain. Examples are engine and transmission parts, camshaft covers, oilsumps, transmission housings, brackets and filterhousings.
- Bedplates for various types of engine, both in magnesium and aluminium, with and without steel bearing inserts.
- Camshaft covers for various engines, both with and without integrated camshaft bearing and venting systems. Most of the valve gear covers are machined and assembled.
- Oilsumps for various engines. Modern oil sumps form an integrated structure of the complete engine, containing many functions like oil-sensors, balancers, filter-housings, baffle plates, suction pipes, NVH reduction etc.
- Transmission parts for the most advanced manual and automatic transmissions. The requirements set on parts like this are wide-ranging; as a rule the parts are cast in multiple cavity tooling modules and then automatically de-burred, machined and inspected.
- Brackets for engine mounting or accessory assembly are developed and produced to deal with high mechanical demands.
- Multi functional filter-housings combine strength for the mounting of cooler-units with leakproof oil-galleries, connecting filter-units to the engine lubrication system.
|Compressor housing||Compressor housing|
|Valve cover||Camshaft ladderframe|
The requirements for suspension parts are wide-ranging: for example strength and high elongation for load absorption of the driveline and weldability for the assembly process at the customer’s site.
|Connection Rod||Push Rod|
Brabant Alucast produces bodywork parts for e.g. spaceframes (aluminium), roof panels and instrument panels (magnesium), complying with the demands for strength and high elongation for load absorption of the driveline and weldability for the assembly process. Apart from casting, the heat treatment and chemical protection are essential elements of the process chain.
|Connection Angle||Suspension mount|
|Roof structure||Roof structure|